Wednesday, May 27, 2015

"Oh the places you'll go!" -Dr. Seuss (And pregnant Cinderella's godmother did not show up for this one)

In Chiang Mai, Thailand
 
Had one of those adventures yesterday that left me really humbled. What I thought was going to be a regular/casual meeting with lots of people turned into a personal dinner with few people at a fancy  restaurant in a fancy hotel. Somehow I missed the memo, luckily my prince looked charming. I was dressed like a pregnant village missionary, complete with wide $2.00 blue sandals, an outfit that wasn't totally matching. And I had brought my wild 4 year old along for the ride! If you know me and my background, my dad has worked in the hotel industry since he was 19, so hotels were part of my growing up. But as you know, my life now does not usually consist of fancy hotels and fancy dinners. We live in the middle of nowhere, the selection is Thai/Isaan food or in the city there are 2 good places to get Western food - Pizza Company (pizza/some Italian) or KFC.

So back to my story, I think God has such a sense of humor and is so good to us. The night was such a blessing! The restaurant was even an Italian one, my favorite food!  We ended up staying the whole time, the people we met with were really fun and were very sweet to Ry. Other than making the restaurant smell like burnt hair at the end of the night (candle), she did pretty well.  We got home and she asked for her pajamas and put herself to bed, princess was wiped out.  Life is so funny sometimes! It's a day in Chiang Mai, Thailand that I will never forget!

1 comment:

thetysonfamily said...

So glad you were able to enjoy the night after all. You'll feel better after hanging out with me (I actually have a few stories like that myself). �� Praying for you and baby lots every day!! ❤️